The Serve Center, located at WorkSource Everett, is a place for veterans to go first. In Snohomish County and nationally there is a wide array of services available to veterans provided by a significant number of caring and concerned organizations. They are all meaningful and well-intentioned but it is sometimes difficult to know where to go first when faced with a challenge that requires assistance. We strive to resolve one of the initial barriers veterans and their families sometimes face in seeking assistance by co-locating, in a place to start, some of the critical services already offered by those same caring and concerned organizations.
As a qualifying veteran or spouse of a veteran the Snohomish County Veterans Team may help you with:
- One on one job search assistance and job matching
- Job search planning
- Individual assistance with resume development
- Assessment of your transferable skills for new occupational possibilities
- Training options
- Locating Emergency assistance
- Contacting veterans service for filing for veterans Administration disability claims
- Referral to appropriate organizations for additional intensive services.
WorkSource Priority of Service of Veterans
Jobs for Veterans Act Definition of a veteran or eligible spouse
Veterans and eligible spouses receive priority in these and other programs:
- You must have exited active duty U.S. Military service with a discharge of other than dishonorable (Members of the Reserves or National Guard who were activated to federal service under Title 10 qualify); or
- You are the spouse of a U.S. Military veteran who:
- Died as the result of a service-connected disability; or
- Is reported as MIA, a POW, or is forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government or power for more than 90 days; or
- Has a total disability, permanent in nature, resulting from a service-connected disability, or has died while a disability so evaluated was in existence.
If you are a Vet, or the spouse of a Vet, then we'd like to say:
- WorkSource employment services
- WIA training programs
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
“Thank you for Serving Our Country”