In order to qualify for Project RISE you must
Have used up all of your unemployment benefits OR be 8 weeks or less away from exhausting your unemployment benefits OR have been unemployed for at least 27 straight weeks, and can prove you had attachment to the workforce
Lost your job and one or more of these things is true about you:
- You have been terminated, laid off, or received a “notice of termination or layoff” and are unlikely to return to your usual occupation or industry because of:
- A permanent plant closure;
- A substantial layoff;
- Foreign Competition;
- Lack of demand for you skills
- You are self-employed, but the economy or a natural disaster put you out of work. Examples include: Farmers, Ranchers, Fishermen, etc.
- You are a displaced homemaker who is either unemployed or working a job that does not support your household
Project RISE Participant Benefits
Project RISE starts with a 3 day Re-Connection workshop. You must complete the 3-day Re-Connection workshop to be eligible for the Project RISE Participant benefits.
- 1 to 1 personal career coaching with an employment professional
- 4-Day Job Search Boot Camp
- Ins and outs of a strong resume
- Workplace/Soft skills
- Interviewing skills
- Job Search techniques
- And much more
- A personal, free Recruiter!
- A job development professional whose entire job revolves around getting YOU back to work will be out knocking on the doors of employers and telling them about all the amazing skills YOU would bring to them as an employee.
- On the Job Training
- On-the-job training is an excellent way to get your foot in the door with an employer.
- Meet Employers!
- Project RISE will give you an opportunity to network with employers, tour companies, and hear from Employer Panels on what they look for in an employee.
- Peer Networking Meet-ups!
- Strength in numbers. Gather with others to help each other
- Hear from guest speakers of your choice
- Meet employers
- Go on company tours
Your first step is to join us for a 3-day Re-Connection Workshop: See Calendar below.
Eligible Participants who complete the 3-day Re-Connection Workshop will be enrolled in Project RISE.
Once enrolled, make sure to take full advantage of the assistance and opportunities available to you; Keep in touch with the employment specialist; And let us help you find work!
More Information on Project RISE
Project RISE stems from a federally funded Rapid Response Grant. Click here for more information
Workforce Snohomish, received Rapid Response dollars to engage and find employment for persons who are considered “Long Term-Unemployed”